original-atlanta-hawks-owner-tom-cousins-dies-at-93

Original Atlanta Hawks Owner Tom Cousins Dies at 93

Tom Cousins, the original owner who brought the Atlanta Hawks to the city, has died at the age of 93. In a statement, the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena paid tribute to Cousins as “a visionary builder of communities, unmatched philanthropist, and a former Hawks owner who had an enduring impact on the city’s sports landscape.” Cousins, alongside former Georgia Governor Carl Sanders, purchased the Hawks and moved them from St. Louis to Atlanta in 1968, helping establish the city as a key sports hub in the Southeast. He also developed the team’s original home, the Omni Coliseum, which stood for 25 years. Beyond basketball, Cousins was celebrated for his transformative community work, especially the revitalization of Atlanta’s East Lake neighborhood. “We are grateful for his legacy and the countless lives he impacted,” the team’s statement concluded.

Read More »
mavs-hire-ethan-carson-as-president

Mavs Hire Ethan Casson as President to Oversee Business Operations

The Dallas Mavericks have appointed Ethan Casson as their new president, adding a seasoned sports executive to oversee day-to-day business operations under CEO Rick Welts. Casson, who spent nine years as CEO of the Minnesota Timberwolves, WNBA’s Lynx, and G League’s Iowa Wolves, joins the Mavericks as the franchise sets its sights on a new era. His arrival gives Welts room to focus on long-term priorities, including plans for a new arena in Dallas by 2031. “Ethan will be my partner in charting the team into the future,” said Welts, who returned from retirement seven months ago to replace Cynt Marshall after Mark Cuban sold majority ownership to the Adelson and Dumont families. Mavericks governor Patrick Dumont praised the hire, calling it key to building an elite sports franchise. Casson brings major arena experience, having previously helped guide the 49ers’ move to Levi’s Stadium and led key sponsorship deals. The Mavericks currently share American Airlines Center with the NHL’s Dallas Stars but aim to operate their own arena and entertainment district in Dallas.

Read More »
duran-makes-fiery-phillies-debut

Duran Makes Fiery Phillies Debut

The Phillies’ new closer, Duran, wasted no time making an impression. Nicknamed “Spider”, a name he picked up in Minnesota, Duran wears the identity with pride. “Everywhere,” he said, referring to his spider tattoos, spikes, and digital entrance visuals showing spiders crawling through fire at Citizens Bank Park. Duran was the Phillies’ top acquisition before Thursday’s Trade Deadline, joined by outfielder Harrison Bader. Both made their debut on Friday night, helping Philadelphia edge the Tigers 5-4 comeback victory. Duran closed the game with his first save for the Phillies, who now lead the NL East by half a game over the Mets. “Here, I’ve got a chance to win the World Series,” he said. There’s no doubt about his role, he’s the closer. His arrival ends the bullpen uncertainty that’s plagued late innings. Bader, the team’s top offensive outfielder, pinch-hit in the seventh, drew a walk, and scored the tying run to the delight of a lively home crowd. Though initially expected to play frequently, Bader will platoon in center field with Brandon Marsh for now, according to manager Rob Thomson. Still, as Duran lit up the stadium with his presence, the Phillies got a glimpse of the firepower they’ve added.

Read More »
anthony-delivers-first-career-walk-off

Anthony Delivers Walk-Off as Sox Silence Trade Deadline Doubts

Rookie Roman Anthony turned frustration into celebration at Fenway Park. With criticism swirling after a quiet trade deadline, the Red Sox found a spark Friday night as Anthony delivered his first career walk-off hit, a 10th-inning single to center that sealed a 2-1 win over the Astros. “It’s amazing. It’s fun. I want to do it again already,” said the 21-year-old. “Credit to the fans… it makes it so fun to play in.” The win, Boston’s fourth walk-off of the season, came as they wore their lucky green City Connect jerseys and put post-deadline questions on pause, at least for one night.

Read More »
prosecutors-seek-rape-trial-for-achraf-hakim

Prosecutors Seek Rape Trial for PSG’s Achraf Hakimi

French prosecutors have requested that PSG defender Achraf Hakimi face trial over an alleged rape case from 2023, which he denies. The Nanterre prosecutor’s office told AFP it had asked the investigating judge to send the case to a criminal court. “It is now up to the investigating magistrate to make a decision,” they said. Hakimi, 26, was charged in March 2023 after a 24-year-old woman accused him of rape. The incident allegedly took place at his home in Boulogne-Billancourt while his family was away. Despite the allegations, Hakimi played a key role in PSG’s Champions League triumph and Morocco’s historic run to the 2022 World Cup semi-finals.

Read More »
Kobe bryant

Barcelona unveil Kobe Bryant-inspired away kit

Barcelona‘s have revealed their striking new away kit for the 2025/26 season, which replaces the traditional Nike swoosh with Kobe Bryant’s ‘Kobe Sheath’ logo. In a groundbreaking move, the club has teamed up with the late NBA icon’s brand, with the Kobe emblem set to feature on Barça’s shirts for the next three seasons. “FC Barcelona and Nike have signed a bold and emblematic partnership,” the club stated in an official release on Tuesday. “The new shirt will incorporate the ‘Kobe Sheath,’ symbolising a shared culture of sporting excellence.” The design pays tribute to Bryant’s legacy and aims to bring the Mamba Mentality into football, further strengthening the link between Nike, Kobe Bryant‘s, and FC Barcelona. The move mirrors PSG’s collaboration with Michael Jordan’s brand and marks another ambitious step in Barça’s growing global merchandising push, which also includes new ranges featuring the club’s Cat mascot and Lamine Yamal‘s iconic No. 10 shirt.

Read More »
Victor osimhen

Victor Osimhen completes £65 million move from Napoli

He was absent as Napoli, the freshly crowned Serie A champions, resumed training at the start of the week as the finer details of the deal were concluded. Napoli coach Antonio Conte seemingly did not have the 26-year-old in his plans for his side’s Scudetto defence next term. Negotiations with Galatasaray had been ongoing for several weeks, but up to Thursday had stalled over the terms of payment for the transfer. Napoli recently recruited Kevin De Bruyne from Premier League club Manchester City. Osimhen becomes Galatasaray’s most expensive player ever.

Read More »
lucas-paqueta-cleared-of-betting-charges

Lucas Paqueta Cleared of Betting Charges

West Ham midfielder Lucas Paqueta has been cleared of spot-fixing charges by an independent commission. The Brazilian faced four charges for allegedly trying to get booked on purpose to influence betting markets. He denied all allegations, and the commission found the charges not proven after a hearing. However, two separate charges for failing to cooperate with the FA’s investigation were upheld. A separate decision on sanctions for those will be made soon. “I’ve always said I’m innocent,” Lucas Paqueta said in a statement via the club. West Ham vice-chair Karren Brady added: “We are pleased Lucas has been cleared. He has maintained his innocence from the outset, and we’ve supported him throughout.”

Read More »
dan-ndoye-joins-nottingham-forest-from-bologna

Dan Ndoye Joins Nottingham Forest from Bologna on Five-Year Deal

Nottingham Forest have signed Swiss forward Dan Ndoye from Bologna in a deal worth €40 million (£34.5 million). The 24-year-old, who scored the winning goal in last season’s Coppa Italia final, joins Forest on a five-year contract after they beat Napoli to his signature. “I’m really happy to have signed for Nottingham,” said Ndoye. “It’s a really exciting time at Forest and I immediately realised I wanted to be part of the project. It’s a really ambitious team with a fantastic history, and I can’t wait to get started.”

Read More »
Luis Suarez

Sporting Sign Luis Suarez from Almeria on Long-Term Deal

Sporting CP have completed the signing of Colombian striker Luis Suarez from Almeria on a contract running until 2030, the Portuguese club confirmed on Monday. The 27-year-old arrives after a standout season in Spain, where he scored 31 goals and made eight assists during the 2024–25 campaign. Spanish media reports suggest Sporting paid around €25 million for the forward, with an €80 million release clause included in the deal. “I have reached the highest point of my career. I want to show that I have what it takes to be here,” Suarez said. He began his professional journey with Itagui Leones in Colombia and has since played for clubs including Granada, Real Valladolid, Real Zaragoza, and Marseille.

Read More »